PTSD & Depression

Some subtropical mild winters' depression hits harder than others, and in many ways I think I'm still struggling to get beyond the horrible mental place I was in a year ago and the two before that. Lost my family, job and life for all practical and intensive purposes. This past winter has been tough in lots of ways, but it feels more like a period of physical rehabilitation, recovery from a minor stroke, hit-n-run accident and transition than one of despair. 

As it is, I've pulled back from life in all sorts of ways this winter as I've attempted to reach some sort of stable ground,  blogging and social media has taken a massive hit in the process. 
Its hard to not feel like a failure when you're 39 years old (I stopped counting at 39 yo (it's my 28th anniversary 9/11) and moved back in with your parents, and I' ve tried but I think it's something I needed in order to think beyond bare survival, as a homeless and I'm so grateful they've NOT given me the space to cocoon and heal before diving back into being a productive member of society. It's tough love.

Also healing up from getting all my wisdom teeth out, dentures, minor stroke, hit-n-run accident but that's a different kettle of fish entirely!

In the meantime, here's a sketch of @MaLucasbin from the other day... shockingly drew a woman for once! Who even am I? ;)

Stay strong, it can't possibly be too much longer until spring finally arrives!

#sketchoftheday #coloredpencildrawing #colerase #portraitdrawing #coloredpencilportrait #figurativeart #redpencil #inthesketchbook #depressionandart #mentalhealth #coloredpencil #lucasbin #sketchysketch


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Live, Not Just Survive, Remarkably, Repeat This One Affirmation Every Single Day for the Rest of Your Life The Pursuit of Success

Biking The Open Roads of Colorado and the West.

Smelly, Homeless Man Came To Church - Who He Really Was Put Everyone To Shame